Monday, July 11, 2011

Zhengzhou

The airport in Beijing was quite an adventure - between Bob's pocket knife - - to our friends hairspray - - we finally got through security. (yes, bob kept his knife in checked bag - - our friend lost her hairpray). LOL

Our flight was about 1 1/2 hours - and we headed straight to the hotel. (p.s. more squatty pottys at the airport... too funny).

Okay - first day in Zhengzhou - - we settled in our room - got paperwork and gifts ready for the next day - - visited the 7-11 for a few waters (by the way, the traffic is crazy here - you risk your life just crossing the road!) Now we are going crazy waiting for tomorrow - our GOTCHA DAY!

Well, today is our Gotcha Day and I'm looking at our sweet baby sleeping in the crib in our room! She has been a dream!!! Okay - here is how the day went....

UP at 2:00 am - can't sleep.
Back to sleep around 3:00 am.
UP at 5:00 am - can't sleep - decided to just get up and go to breakfast. Everyone is there.... grinning ear to ear!

Took bus to registration office - - once we got there everything happened so fast. 1 family got their child.. then they called Luoyang orphanage... and we went to the door... immediately I saw Allie and the tears flowed! The orphanage officer said "ma ma" and she gave her to me - - Allie had on purple sandals, butterfly pants and a red t-shirt with a bear on it. I took her in my arms and held her tight - - she was crying - - (and so were we) - - we went to one of the couches and I held her and sang "Jesus Loves Me" and she was so quiet and so calm.... I fell in love! After a little bit she went to Bob... and Bob - - well, he is the best Dad!! He had her smiling and waving... she was so clam and so good (especially when she got used to the beard on Bob's face tickling her with the kisses).... we feel so blessed! After signing one document - then a family picture - we went back to the hotel.

Allie has done great - she is so calm and happy - Bob had her laughing like crazy! All the little kids are playing in the hall way in the hotel! At lunch she ate noodles and meat.. and loves all the crackers and animal cookies we brought!

Okay - I'm signing off - - we are all doing great.... we can't wait for you to meet Allie, and we can't wait to be home!! - Love, Bob and Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, tears of Joy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on FINALLY getting little Allie! I'm sure she'll know how much she's loved by the end of your trip. Good luck tomorrow and have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete